2.3GHz, 2.6GHz, or 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Will not wake after closing screen

Help! Most everytime that I close my Macbook it will not wake when I open the screen again. I have to turn it off by holding the power button for about 10 seconds. I thought maybe the battery connector was loose so I took the bottom plate off today and checked the connection. Everything seems good other than some dust that I cleaned out. I deleted a couple of big programs today after I finally got it to turn back on thinking maybe they were causing it but that didn't help.

Most Helpful Answer

You should always perform an SMC and PRAM reset when experiencing this type of issue.

Thank you! I did both of these and it seems fine. I guess I will know for sure over the next couple of days.

Happy to hear Brandon.

Sorry but after leaving for a few hours and having it closed/on charge. I came home and it was unresponsive after opening the lid. After trying to power it on several times it finally worked. I'm not sure what could be causing it but i bet it will be expensive if I have to buy a part. Every time I get it to come on it goes through what looks to be an installation/progress bar of some type of update on the password screen.

I was just browsing the yahoo website and all of the sudden the laptop shut off like the battery lost all power. I thought maybe just the screen went out so I tried to turn on the caps lock and didn't get a green light.

Has the unit been exposed to liquid of any kind?

Brandon will be eternally grateful.