Announced on October 16, 2014, the iPad Air 2 is a thinner successor to the iPad Air.

Replacing WiFi IC with not the same one

Hello there

I have a problem with iPad air 2, its an iPad with cellular modem and I got grey wifi bar ( I can't turn wifi on) I had read a lot and I know that I have to replace my wifi ic.

Now is the problem, I teared iPad down and I found there IC with number 339S0229 when I google it says that this is iPhone 6 ic ? And it isn't available in my store, they got only 339S0241 and 339S0251

So the question is can I replace it with available ones ? Or there will be compatibility problems ?

Thanks for any help

No it wont work. Even though the iPhone 6 and Air 2 may share the same physical chip, the firmware is still different and would lock you out of ever reloading the next version of iOS.

Out of curiosity, have you tried a simple Settings --> General --> Reset -->Reset Network Settings?

sofles will be eternally grateful.