Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Keyboard disappears everytime I use bluetooth

Well, the title says pretty much, everytime i connect my iPhone 7 to my headphones, my keyboard disappears. I can't text other people while I'm connected to my bluetooth headphones. This suddenly happened to me, it's my first time, and I have no idea how to fix this issue.

Someone told me to restore my iPhone, but that's what I don't want to do, I think that's unnecessary

I have the latest update, so I can't even update to a newer iOS.

EDIT: like suggested by another contributor, first you should try force rebooting your iPhone 7 (press and hold power button + volume down button until the phone restarts).

Then if that doesn't help, you should try to back-up your data, restore your iPhone, then test. If it is ok, then restore your data and test again.

And are you sure nothing happened that could have triggered this? Such as an update, or you buying new bluetooth earphones, or some liquid damage?

I thought your answer was good the first time. Just wanted to clarify the other guys answer

Thanks, and he's right. First step should be rebooting.

I tried rebotting, i got no results..

Go to your Bluetooth setting where you scan. Go to the setting symble next to the ipipoo one and click it. Then click audio, and call radio on, turn off bluetooth keyboard. Everything will be good then. Just had same problem and had to figure it out. Your welcome

Thank you Zachary. Will try it if I ever come across this.

On my iPhone 8, the keyboard sometimes disappears if Bluetooth is on. It always comes back when I turn off BT. It’s rather irritating and I’m sure Apple will come up with a fix in the next iOS update.

this also happens to me. i've got an iphone 8 plus and everytime i connect my phone via bluetooth to a speaker, my keyboard disappers.

Also happens on my iPhone 8+. I do not find any where that I can tell the operating system that the head phones are not a key board. (A common theory is that the headphones are treated by the operating system as a keyboard input, so the virtual keyboard goes away..)

Try doing a hard shutdown on your phone and this might fix it with out losing any data. I have never heard of this happening so I'm sorry if this does not help.

If you have any questions or concerns please comment below or email me at walker44805@gmail.com

Yeah that's what I meant thank you.

Having the same problem

I know somebody already posted this however I just like to confirm it is just a simple matter of going into the settings of the device while it is paired, connected, and on. It seems that all the Bluetooth headsets earpieces etc. are being now set as a Bluetooth keyboard as the third option first being using for phone calls, second being used as media device, you will now see you have a third option to turn off which says "Bluetooth Keyboard" ( maybe only " Keyboard") you want to turn off the keyboard option for your hearing device.. this seems to be across the board of all devices with their latest version of software update and across all devices weather Android PC iPhone Etc it is a very simple fix please do not reset your phones. You don't even need to restart your phone let alone reset to factory settings all my God I can't believe that people are just reverting to this as a fix when they don't have an answer.. What a mess it would create for most of us. Anybody that uses their device for business along with a integrated tech system will then have to go see their IT Department to reinstall everything that they put into your device to work along with your company's Network or software oh my Goodness.. Do not take the advice to set your device back to factory settings'' no matter what the problem is that is 99% of the time never the answer there's always a fix or an update or a workaround created when these problems arise half patients until you find somebody that has the correct answer as previously listed and I have reiterated. As soon as you turn off the keyboard option your keyboard will reappear just as it does when you turn the device off so you can use your listening device and still use your regular virtual keyboard as usual. Happy texting! Or typing.

There are no options for selecting the type of input device.. There is not seetings for the blue tooth headphones I have (x3)

I am also facing an issue like this on my android phone that is updated. When i connect my BT device to my phone, it asks me about the language and input settings. Can't understand what to do in such case.

hami will be eternally grateful.