The Western Digital My Passport Ultra is a USB 3.0 portable storage device with capacities from 500 GB up to 2 TB.

Why is my wd passport ultra making a clicking sound?

I dropped my wd passport ultra external drive for my computer and now there is a loud clicking noise and it will not show up on my laptop and when it does it shows up as something else which I still can't access. Is there any way I can get this fixed and where?

Clicking sound means there is physical damage on the hard drive, and it is having difficulty reading the surface of the disk. If your drive doesn't show up in a computer, unfortunately you will have to take the drive to a professional, but it will be extremely expensive to retrieve your data.

Thank you! Do you know where I could take it to get it analyzed and fixed? Could I take it to best buy for geek squad?

Best Buy and Geek Squad probably don't have the equipment to recover your information. I would google 'data recovery <your city>' and check yelp reviews and pricing of each company. I've see flat rates of $300 or so.

Thank you very much. I will definitely try that. You've been very helpful.

Most Helpful Answer

http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com

These guys/gals are pretty well the top of the pros and proud of it. High $.

Thank you very much. I'll check it out. Hopefully it is well in my price range.

Chantel will be eternally grateful.