Why won't my computer turn on?

I have had my Chromebook 13 since Jan 2016. It has pretty much worked perfectly up until yesterday, I used in it the morning, and recall it had at least 50% battery power when I closed it. A few hours later I went to open it, and the screen was black. I could not get it to turn on. I have tried a few remedies that I found online:

Hard reset

Charging overnight

Disconnecting battery, holding power key for over 60 seconds

Attempting to use A/C power with battery disconnected

None of these would get the computer to start, or even the charging light to turn on.

The A/C adapter light is on, and I have tried it in several outlets, so I am sure that is not the problem. The only thing unusual I have noticed is that when I had the charger plugged in to the computer, and the bottom was open, a little yellow light would flash on and off, located towards the front of the computer near the battery. In fact, I just noticed after charging last night, the light is staying on even unplugged. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get this thing to start?

Dell said they think the motherboard is done, and it will cost $250 to replace, which is almost as much as the computer itself cost. Below is the link for where the little yellow light is. Anyone disagree with Dell?

https://goo.gl/photos/jDEbfNcTWdspmaun8

Most power problems happen on the motherboard. The cost of replacement is not too bad unless labor is extra. It is possible to have the motherboard repaired but it may cost about the same as Dell's replacement cost.

Yes. From the description you are giving it seems it will not POST. This is most likely linked to the motherboard. You may be better off getting a new device as opposed to letting Dell replace it. Or, there are a few methods on the Internet that are to repair dead motherboards and sometimes work. Hope that helps!

I bought a dell chromebook back in September 2016 a couple of months later the motherboard was replaced due to the power up issue, same as described above . 8 months later I'm having the same issue , mother board will be replaced again. Not sure how common this is but definitely frustrating since its not even a year old.

That's pretty horrible, I wonder how common a problem this is?

Adam Rezner will be eternally grateful.