Released in 2003, the iBook G4 replaced the iBook G3 as Apple's portable consumer computer.

How do I get the cd out of the optical drive?

Cd is stuck in optical drive and will not eject with standard operations. I tried going to the terminal page and manually ejecting, but nothing. Please help.

It makes all the noises like it wants to come out but wont.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

I don't know what "standard" operations you know, please tell us what you've tried. Start up holding the mouse down.

I have the same problem. "standard" operations for me are these to de-mount the drive by system operations, no mechanical procedures.

Alex - If it's not showing on the desktop you can't de-mount. Mayers' answer here is to force the dis-mount of the CD via the boot up controls (in this case holding the track button down when the system is restarted).

James will be eternally grateful.