Repair guides for Android cell phones manufactured by ALCATEL.

Where'd my flashlight button go?

Well, on 4/27/2017 my Alcatel Onetouch had an update, and the onlything I noticed being different was... my flashlight button missing from my quick access panel (swipe down from top) I have searched high and low on my phone and am unable to find it. I'm a night-time jogger and I use my phones light quite often as it's easy for me to have music and my light on without it being a bulky pain in the rear. Anyone got any ideas on how to get it back? I understand I can go with an app from the playstore, the problem with those is.. each one I've tried won't allow me to lock my phone without turning off the light..

I had the update as well and have had the same problem but I have found a solution. If your phone has the Google voice command you can say OK Google turn on flashlight and it will come on and to turn it off you can either hit the off button or say OK Google turn off flashlight. This also allows you to lock your phone while the flashlight still functions

Most Helpful Answer

The company who wrote the firmware for the update for the phone probably changed the phones ability to use it's flash LED as a flash light. Couldn't tell you why, it might have been a company/device wide standardisation thing, not many androids come with the flashlight feature built in.

Unfortunately, the only real option is an app from the app store.

If you figure it out, please let me know. Just updated today and am a little aggravated, especially since I use the light for everything

My flashlight isn't on my phone also I don't see it.

On my phone it is on the drop-down window.

Try this application , you will be satisfied . A useful flashlight app that it has phone temperature display and phone's charge level screen : https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...

Do my Android alcatel have a flashlight

just download android app called icon torch, no ads or dependencies

matthew.jarrett88 will be eternally grateful.