7.9 inch display iPad Mini, with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage.

no backlight after heating too long

i have a iPad mini and i change the battery today but after i finish changing the battery i check to make sure the iPad was OK and it was fine so i put the iPad back together and add back the sticky tape to my touch and finish closing up my iPad i then put the iPad back on my LCD removal machine it was set at 100F just for a few second to warm up the sticky tape and forget it after about 1 minute or 2 minutes i remember and take it back off and wait for it to cool after it cools i turn it back on and notice that there is no longer a back light do you think the heat kill my LCD? or something else is wrong?

Normally an over heated LCD shows a wavy light pattern on the edges. 100F is only ~38C and you only left it on for a few minutes. I don't believe that would cause the problem. Also, if you use good tape like Tesa 61395, you don't have to activate it with heat, just pressure.

You currently have no backlight at all? The mini is very sensitive about disconnecting the battery before playing with the LCD connector. Could you have mistakenly forgot to disconnect the battery?

I did disconnected the battery first before disconnecting the LCD, but do you think having the screen ON and disconnecting the LCD can damage it?

If the LCD is "on", as in powered or displaying an image, then yes, disconnecting it under this condition can damage the backlight circuit.

so whats the next step?

You either have a damaged LCD or backlight circuit. If you can try a new LCD then that should be your next step. Otherwise, the backlight circuit will have to be verified by a micro-solderer.

Try a simple reboot: press and hold Power Button + Home Button together until the iPad restarts. If this does not fix it, your backlight circuit is damaged. You need to have it fixed by someone who repairs iPad logic boards. It is perfectly doable but not really a DYI job.

Deano Senior will be eternally grateful.