Fetch TV Mighty PVR runs very hot

I would love to see a teardown of more PVR's, specifically the Fetch TV Mighty. This unit is so compact that I'm not even sure where to start. Mostly I want open it up, and then improve the cooling.

Is it overheating at all and causing problems?

How old is the device?

If it still is within the warranty period and even if it is not (hard to find any information regarding warranty of pvr on the Fetch TV website) I recommend that you contact Fetch TV and ask if the excessive heat is a 'normal condition' and if not can you get a replacement.

Hey thanks for the response. I haven't asked the OEM if it's normal but I did call the store, and they said it is (not sure if they're just saying that). So yeah next stop is Fetch themselves.

But my request still stands. I think we can demystify the PVR by if there are teardowns and specs.

Possibly, but it is always better not to void the warranty in case it is due to poor design ;-)

canspell will be eternally grateful.