Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Display Problems with New LCD's

I just bought an Iphone 6 Plus from someone because he couldn't get a SIM card in from Pocket bend...but phone was functional.

I replaced the Mid (Back housing) that was bent, and in doing so, I think I broke the digitizer but no cracks in glass.

From the bend, it was extremely difficult to raise the screen and I heard a pop (Crack) and from that point, the digitizer did not work but LCD does.

I have another Iphone 6 plus 100% working, so I tested that screen and I can see the backlight when I power it up but no picture. I just received a new screen assembly today and that one does the same thing! It turns on, connects to Itunes, but no display....just a backlight. So, I put the original back in and it does display a screen.

I have tried 3 screens now and none of them display a screen except the original one. I moved the original to my other phone and sure enough, the digitizer does not work on that one either, so I do not believe it is the Touch IC's since it does the same thing on my working phone.

Am I missing something? Why would original screen work (Display an image) but 3 others that I know work, do not? I looked under microscope and no physical FPC connector damage on Logic Board or phone Flex.

I reballed the Meson and Cumulus and no change.

Help???

Thanks, TeeTopp

How bad was the bend on the phone you purchased?

It's hard to make heads or tails from this...let's see if I understand correctly?

• The screen on the new phone worked before you removed it, cracked, then no touch and does the same on your original phone.
  • However, the screen from your original phone worked 100% but does not show an image on the replacement phone.
  • You also ordered another screen (#3) and it does not show an image on the replacement phone.

So here are a few questions:

1. When did you reball the Touch IC's within this troubleshooting process?
  2. Not really knowing much about you, how would you consider your skills at micro-soldering?
  3. Did you try screen #3 on your original phone? What did it do?
  4. Was the screen on your original iPhone the original (Apple) screen or was it replaced at some point in time?

I apologize that I have asked more questions than given answers but something doesn't make sense here and I need to know more.

The bend was severe enough to literally crack the Sim card slot and kink it so you could not get tray in or out.

However, I will call the phone I bought with the issues Phone #1, My good phone with no issues I had before buying Phone number 1 I will call Phone #2....

I bought #1 and it was working but had bend/cracked housing and screen was in tact.

The Touch had classic Touch disease with Grey bars and intermittent touch issues and Ghost touch.

I tried removing the screen from bent housing and it did damage the screen housing a little and touch went out completely.

I then reballed both Meson and Cumulus

I put on a new screen and it would not display image. Thinking I may have a bad screen , I took Phone #2 and removed the screen to use as known working test screen and it would not work on phone 1 either.

So I put the original screen back on and it displayed fine.

Thinking I may have not connected the connectors correctly (Misaligned) ...I tried both the New screen and test screen several times and only got backlight but no display. I put the original damaged screen back on and it displayed perfectly.

I did notice some heat coming from shield on top near the FPC connectors so I removed it and did Freeze test for short. U3 (Chestnut) was getting really hot!

Also, Meson was getting pretty hot to touch.

I replaced Meson with new chip thinking the reballed chip just may be bad and Still had same results.

Replaced Chestnut and Presto! Everything working as it should :)

Well...almost everything... Now I am left with "Searching" "No Service" from active Verizon Sim so looking to reball Baseband Next to see if that fixes it.

Thank you very much for your reply!! :)

If you have, or had, the "grey bars", reballing Meson will likely only be a short term solution. You need to jumper M1 to get a good solid connection. Regarding the baseband, the general consensus is that it does not "solve" the problem. The suspicion is that there is a damaged trace/pad, similar to M1 on Meson, perhaps even in an inner layer. I would check the condition of the SIM card reader, you may have a cold solder joint there from the bend.

Michael will be eternally grateful.