Why is my LG Microwave not heating?
I'm hoping that it's microtrons, is their any hope?
Is this a good question?
If the warranty period on the magnetron is still valid, I suggest that you contact LG customer service regarding a repair inspection.
It is the magnetron that creates the 'heat' so whilst it may not be the magnetron itself that is the problem (but perhaps some components that supply the magnetron) you could be voiding the warranty on the magnetron if you attempt to open the microwave to find the cause. This could cause a warranty refusal issue if it is found that the magnetron is actually faulty.
You could always ask LG if it is possible for them to inspect the oven and if it is not the magnetron then to give you an estimate of the repair cost for you to consider whether to accept or not.
It is kind of a Catch 22 situation you can't open the microwave without voiding the warranty but you don't know if the magnetron is the problem without opening the oven.
I would go with a repair quote from someone else.
If the manufacturer is prepared to give a 10 year warranty on only one component (magnetron) of the microwave then you can bet that they consider that it is not going to fail anytime soon.
More than likely it will be something else in the microwave that is the problem.
Having to open it up will no doubt void the magnetron warranty but considering what LG are asking, you will still be better off (I think) in getting it repaired elsewhere and then hoping that the magnetron lasts the distance, which most probably it will. At least for another 5 years anyway.
Contact 2 or 3 microwave oven or general appliance repair services and ask for a quote. If all the estimates are reasonably close in price, you will have a better idea of the real cost of the repair. You already know LG's price to simply replace the magnetron (which might not fix the microwave if it is not the problem, so it might cost more for the other parts)
Was this answer helpful?
Check the door safety switch. The connection can become faulty and it shuts down the oven and the turntable, but does not shut down the keypad or light. I just had that problem, opened it up and found the connector was burned pulled it off then slid it back on and all is working again. Have planned to replace the slip on part of plug as soon as possible, also clean the slid in part on switch.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 39
Past 7 Days: 196
Past 30 Days: 923
All Time: 7,722