Broken charging port. How should I solder?

Hey guys, my Kobo Touch has a broken charging port, and I was wondering how I should go about soldering it to fix it.

Which contact points need new solder? Is it even able to be fixed? Thank you in advance.

Usually, the pins on the charger port should stick out when you line it up on the board, and it looks like pins have broken off of the charger port and are still soldered onto the board. Desolder the pins from the board and buy a new charger port to solder on.

Thank you Reece, I will do that. When soldering, do I need to solder all 6 pins or just the corner 4? Thanks.

You need to solder the pins and the anchor points too

if at all possible, and should you have experience, i would suggest recreating the anchor traces and using a new part.

Otherwise;

-start by adding your own solder to the pins that are damaged on the board, and as well to the part-pins on the port.

-crazy glue the port onto the board, lined up by the pins, to recreate the anchor trace effect.

-heat up the pins with your iron, and the solder should flow itself onto the other part of the pins.

-add solder to the half of the pins not being heated as required. (Carefully and slowly)

Yes, all pins should be soldered.

this repair is very straight forward, but requires experience to flow the solder correctly. I wish you the best of luck in your attempt.

Steven Zhang will be eternally grateful.