Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Lost pictures after iOS failure (no backup)

I am devastated.

After replacing a faulty screen for my iPhone 6 Plus, I attempted to update to the newest iOS 10.3.2 (or something) and my phone just CRASHED. After the "verifying" stage it turned off and never turned back on again. Hard reset was prompting me to restore using iTunes.

After "restore" did NOT work, DFU mode did NOT work (for data recovery), iTunes forced me to fully factory reset.

I had to factory reset THREE TIMES until I got the phone to turn on. Needless to say that all my data is gone.

I had NO backup of my camera roll whatsoever. I had a day-before iCloud device backup, without pictures though.

Question to you, did anybody EVER managed to recover deleted data after factory reset directly from iPhone?

I just tried dr.fone software which found some data, but did NOT found the pictures I was looking for. Do you think I have a chance?

There are some data recovery software programs available but I haven't used any of them and could not say for certain if they even work. Most of them focus on recovering data from iTunes (on your computer) backups. If you have a recent iTunes backup, you could restore it to your device.

However, as far as actually recovering data from the phone, I don't know if anything really works. Check out Tenorshare, they have something that claims to do this but caveat emptor applies.

Let me give you closure:

There would have been possibility to recover everything the first time your update failed.

Now that the iPhone has been formatted there is absolutely no way to recover any data from your iPhone itself. The data was encrypted and the key is lost. Even if some method allowed you to extract bits and pieces of data from the iPhone, there is no way you could decrypt them.

Now for the possible: like @refectio (Minho) said, you may have data stored in a recent (or not so recent) back-up on iCloud or on your/any laptop you previously synced with.

You can use iExplorer or similar applications to explore your computer looking for a back-up and can extract your data from it. Some applications like Wondershare can also check your iCloud account for the same.

Manually, you can go to iCloud.com, sign in with your Apple ID and password and see if any of your photos appear there (that's different from a full back-up that could be there as well).

You can also start iTunes, click on "iTunes>Preferences>Devices" and see if you have a back-up listed there.

Good luck!

Haytham Alexander will be eternally grateful.