Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

My Samsung smart tv keeps turning on and off

Help my tv keeps turning on and off theres no damage to it at all

@ladylou79 start by letting us know what model your TV is. You say it turns "on and off" I assume it turns on then off but stays off. Do you have any blinking code from the front LED's? Can you turn the set immediately back on? What have you tried? We do need more information since anything else at this time will only be a guess.

The only way to get to turn back on is to switch it off at the plug then switch it back on again it lasts for about 5 minutes

Type ps5oc680 model ps5oc680g5k/xxu

@ladylou79 I looked this up earlier today because my Samsung TV started having problems turning on with the remote. Now for a while I could unplug it then plug it back in and the remote would start it. Now it's doing nothing. Seems like there is a class action law suit on them for this problem.

Samsung power defect causes some TVs to fail, and a class-action suit follows

A defective capacitor in some Samsung LCD, plasma and DLP TVs is causing the sets to fail.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-power-...

I have not had the time to look up my model yet but it's a distinct possibility.

@oldturkey03 keeps up with this kind of thing and may even know the cap to replace ;-) Let's see if he'll tell us.

I'll update this later as i garner more information.

UPDATE 4/15/17

It has a red light in the lower left hand corner. No power on button. The remote stopped working. For a week or so you could unplug it, then plug it back in and it would turn on with the remote. Now it won't turn on at all. You unplug, the remote will blink the light once and nothing. Opened it up, could not find any noticeable bad caps. All the reports will say is that Samsung sometimes sends a tech out to replace two known undervalued caps. But i can find nothing so far that will tell me which ones. I really don't want to play the game with them and spend hours on the phone just to be treated like I don't know what I'm talking about, then finally have them acquiesce and do something. I'm happy to just spend ten minutes and repair the damned thing. I just want to know what caps need to be replaced before my blood pressure gets over 200 and i blow a cap.

My model # LT28D310NH

Looks like you have to do the dance with Samsung, play the game, let them pretend they don't know the problems, get you to change batteries.

If you persist long enough they may send a tech to change two capacitors.

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHICH ONES TO CHANGE! BUT THEY WON'T TELL YOU.

Most Helpful Answer

@ladylou79 ,Lou, Samsung has had a few issue the manual button switch panel, power supply board bad capacitors or main logic board faulty,all of which can cause TV on off issue. See links below to see how to diagnose this issue. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0cG3lzj...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbcCVv_a...

Lou hooper will be eternally grateful.