Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

My Digitizer Cable is cut in the middle, can I fix it?

Ok so I ordered a white iphone lcd+digitizer, and i put everything in, but the little cut off on the digitizer cable didnt go through the hole fully. I put everything together, and the cable wouldnt reach, I kinda tugged and took it apart, but it kinda ripped or tore, but it is still connected by a small piece. Is there any way I can put it together? Because the lcd works, but the digitizer isnt working. Can I fix it, or put it together?

Nope, quite unfortunately Apple decided it didn't matter how much money and parts people are gonna waste, the whole digitizer+lcd+glass are one single unit.

absolutely agreed.

I did the same so I guess I have to order a new one then.

Yes you will. there is no way of fixing it. I know of people that have tried crazy glue etc. but those are really not good solution since they at best are just temporary fixes. Good luck

I know dude sucks.... Also @oldturkey03 how does the crazy glue work? Does it work even temporarily?

The one I have heard of was a guy who used a strong magnifier to look at both ends of the cable and he glued the frayed ends together, very tedious, but he got it accomplished. I guess what I would do is take a look with a good strong magnifier and see what the ends look like and if you can overlap that a bit to have the contacts meet, at this time you got really nothing to lose....good luck.

Could the plastic pieces be soldered together as a way to keep the pieces together and keep conductivity?

How can you solder plastic?

TechTrace will be eternally grateful.