Broken backlight from logic board cause

During a screen repair I didnt disconnect the battery and when i connected the home button connector to the logic board a small amount of smoke came out. I had the board microsoldered and repaired but I am wondering now what the cause was? Was the replacement screen faulty or was it just because the battery wasnt disconnected as id like to know if i could still use the replacement screen or if it needs binned.

Thanks.

I think the obvious answer here is to get in touch with the repair shop and ask them what they did and why.

Now, in general, the iPhone 6S backlight circuit is very sensitive when the battery is plugged in and you mess around with the screen connections. A short occurs and one or several components get toasted. It can be just the filter but it can also affect the rest of the backlight circuit (diode, coil, driver) and connector.

Most Helpful Answer

1. In future always disconnect battere when do anything in iPhone 6s

2. Try different screen

rossj456 will be eternally grateful.