Second generation of Wi-Fi iPad, released on March 11, 2011. Model number A1395. Repair is difficult and will require heat.

Absolutely no sound from Ipad 2

After battery, digitizer, and widi antenna replacement sound no longer works from headphone jack or speakers

Did verify conn before putting digitizer on

Is it possible you hit the mute switch during the repair?

I have a similar issue (same description as yours... wasn't the mute button). I ended up replacing the speaker component, but in the process of pulling the glass up the second time, ripped the wifi antenna. I'm awaiting a replacement wifi antenna, and then can update the result.

I will see about replacing speaker and head phone jack and see if that fixes the issue

I'm not sure what I (or you from the sounds of it) could/would have done to 'damage' the speaker component...? I know on my initial repair, I didn't touch the speaker cable connection, so why it does t have sound has been a mystery to me.

Try cleaning the charging port, sometimes it gets oxidized and gives such fault. If you can replace it with a working one it would be even better.

I will try a new chare port

Unfortunately that did not seem to fix the issue. I ordered new speakers and headphone jack assembly

I'm a bit skeptical that will fix the issue, but there isn't much else left apart from a problem on the board itself. Hope you will succeed.

Bradley Crawford will be eternally grateful.