The Toshiba Chromebook 2 laptop was released in 2014, and the model number is CB35-B3340. This Toshiba Chromebook is silver with a 13.3" high resolution screen.

The screen keeps flickering, and at times goes entirely black.

The Screen on my Toshiba Chromebook 2 has recently started flickering and going black for a few seconds. When hooked into an external display, the external display works perfectly. Do you believe a replacement screen will fix this problem?

my chromebook is lenovo 500e and my screen flickers sometimes and it scares me i think its the music im playing right now is causing it

Yes, It should as it sounds like a bad cable. See if you can find a display cable on ebay for cheap and if you cant, try to find a broken one of these chromebooks without a broken display and transplant it as it will probably be cheaper then a new screen.

Toshiba Chromebook 2 Display Replacement

Are you on developer channel? Try changing channel to stable, apply power washing setting, then update and restart

I had a similar issue. In addition, sometimes it would go very dark, but with some difficulty be almost readable. The backlight was definitely still on. I also noticed the back of the display got almost too hot to touch. I ended up replacing the screen and this fixed the issue.

my screen is cold but the bottom is hot

my screen just flashes

Ryan R will be eternally grateful.