iPhone 5s when plugged in screen flash logo then black

i got an iphone 5s, screen is black.

When plugged it in, the screen will flash logo once, then again black.

i removed the battery and plugged it in, same thing, one flash.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Does the backlight still stay off after the logo goes off?

Nick, I think I know where you are getting at: Might be an iPhone 5s that is stuck in DFU recovery mode.

This is usually caused when the device is not turned off properly (Sometimes during repair). I fixed this by doing a restore, it had to be restored in my case. Try update first OP.

backlight stay off, after the logo flash, i will try a dfu recovery/restore.

It's either the battery, or you need to restore. Like the latter. Try this first

Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.

Turn off the device.

Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.

Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.

Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.

i did remove the battery and plugged it in, same flash, so, most likely not the battery. If i need to restore, it should give me the itunes logo.

Using the same battery doesn't rule it out. Using a known good one will

Also if you're gonna help out on here. Which I appreciate. You should make an @ tag in your profile. Like this @refectio you're awesome! Now he's gonna see that in his notifications and is gonna look here. It's a way we use to communicate here, in this sea of answers

who...er, what...what's going on here...did someone call me? You're awesome too Mr. THEiMedic!

@imedic about the battery, what i mean was that i disconnected the battery and plug in the charger, it gives me the same logo flash. but i will try a good battery.

ChiangFeng Li will be eternally grateful.