The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Headphone jack works only with headphone partialy plugged in

My head phones only work with the plug just slightly pushed in, I replaced the headphone/charging cable with a brand new one. I am still having the same problem. I tried 3 different headphones, one being the Apple supplied ones with the same results. With the headphones plug pushed in all the way like all I hear is static. Since it is a new jack with the same problem what else could the issue be?

Has your phone been repaired recently? There are some tiny passive components near the battery connector that are in the microphone/sound circuitry. If one or more of these has been pried off by accident, it could affect your headphone jack. Inspect visually or with magnification.

Also, small parts are notorious for poor quality. Did you order them from a reputable supplier? It's not at all unlikely that your replacement headphone flex is defective.

The last repair on the phone was the upper component assembly to fix the flash not working.(flash still does not work) I don't use the headphone jack very often so I can't say sure if it worked right after the replacement or not. Next time I get around to opening the phone back up I will give it good inspection. Thanks for the reply.

His pins are messed up

christopher knizeski will be eternally grateful.