The April 2014 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Air features refreshed dual-core i5 and i7 processors, plus slightly increased battery performance.

MacBook air screen turns off when connecting charger

I replaced the i/o cable today on my macbook air (it would not boot when it was connected). Now it boots but when I connect the charger the screen shuts off and thr battery doesnt charge. No indicator light, lights up on the charger either. Is there a simple fix for this that I am missing? Will changing the I/O board help? (full disclosure Some water had spilled a few weeks back, the water was cleaned out and was working fine till recently)

Isn't this MacBook using a separate DC-IN board? I'd start by replacing that. Did you see liquid damage on the board or charging board?

You can also try removing the battery and see if it stays running. If it does, most likely it's the battery. As long as you don't run without a battery for along period of time you won't hurt it. If it still does it, you could have a faulty dc in board or charge cable.

Samad will be eternally grateful.