Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

iPhone 6 Black Screen but it's on & can still receive calls

This is the first time I have experienced with my Iphone 6. After I charged it, when I was answering e-mails the screen turned black. I was thinking maybe it was the battery. But when I try to charge it again the screen is still black and I got surprised that my Iphone is ringing and I can still answer calls and it alarms and I still receive text messages. But I couldn't open it because the screen display is black. I tried to "hard reset" but It did not work. What could be the problem? I did not drop the iphone. The screen just turned black unexpectedly.

Hey guys! I just found out that It might be the backlight that's causing my iphone screen black. Can I possibly fix it by myself?

The similar thread you can refer to if you want to reset the LCD connector by yourself.

iPhone 4 is working but screen is black?

Reset the phone (no data loss): press both the home and power buttons for up to 1 minute, releasing when the Apple logo appears.

If this method can't fix the problem, you may read this.

How to Fix iPhone Black Screen of Death

I just wanted to thank you for this advice! It worked very well! I was listening to a message from my dentist and the screen went black! I have had the I phone 6 for only a year and a half and this is the first time this has happened! Many thanks for your timely intervention as I so needed it! You are a lifesaver!

I had the same problem too but with my iPhone 8. My phone seemed to freeze on the weather app so I hit the power button that is when the black screen wouldn't go away. I had notification sounds and an alarm going off. And could still use siri. I asked siri to open the app that froze but it was extremely slow and then was able to power off the phone then I was able to use it normally.

Most Helpful Answer

It seems problem with display lcd screen.

Try to press on backside just below cemara there is lcd cable connector. it may possible that cable got loosen and that make your screen black.

Alternately open back cover and remove side screw and reconnect your lcd display screen cable to circuit board.

Try this ipad wont turn on black screen. this is usefull when there is no display or black screen but ipad iphone working.

It is very rare for the LCD cable connection plug to go loose from the logic board, it's held down really well with a metal plate on top and screws with foam in between.

I'd be surprised if this was a problem with a phone never opened before.

If by change you droped your iphone on floor or due to jurk lcd connector may loosen.

Your iphone boot and can receive calls that mean all basic hardware are working fine. Now only possible problem is with external hardware that is your lcd screen. if connector is properly connected that may be soldering of pin of your lcd connector is dry.

And if you have replaced your lcd than lcd is not compatible with your iphone.

My phone has never been opened. Never been wet or soaked in liquid. The phone was dropped several times few months ago. But it was okay until last week the screen just suddenly went black when i was using it. I have just restored it through itunes using Mac after I back up all the files. But Screen is still Black but it's on and I can still ask assistance to Siri. lol :-( And it's out of warranty already. How much do you think will it cost for a new LCD replacement?

Depending upon where you live and which lcd your are purchasing like original apple lcd or gray market lcd. I am not in any kind of hardware bussiness so i don't know price.

Worked perfectly for me. My phone was working just fine and then suddenly the screen started flickering and then went black. I was considering buying a new one, when I googled the issue and just like that, its back to normal!!!

Thanks senata!!

Has the screen been replaced before? Is it currently cracked or glass popping out?

Or is it one that has never been replaced before and screen hasn't been physically damaged.

The screen has never been replaced and hasn't been physically damaged.

My is cracked but one day my phone went dead then i tried to charge it for a whole day and it never came back on. My momma told me it was called a LCD. While my phone cant turn on, I ca hear all y notification sound and when people tries to call me my phone will ring but i cant answer it because the phone has a LCD.

I would say u need to replace your LCD screen because my cables are connected and everything and it a new battery so I really strongly suggest you replaceing it it can be bought at Walmart for $24.99 and it's easy to put in but yeah

Put a strong light on the screen.

1. if you can see icons on the screen, the back light is bad and you need to replace a new LCD screen.

2.If you still can't see anything, open your iPhone and reinstall the LCD screen to see whether it works. If it still not work, you need to replace a new LCD screen.

Did that and still doesnt show anything. Tried hard resets. Still nothing except the sounds.

Okay, not sure what you used for hard reset but anyway try holding home + power button for 10-15 seconds and try turning the phone on again.

If that still does not work then I'm stumped on what caused the problem.

Other thing I could think of is liquid damage inside the phone.

Thanks Ben, but I don't think cos' it has never been exposed to liquid. :-(

I dropped my iPhone and it cracked my glass screen protector but not my iPhone and the screen went black I hold the wake button and the home button works and all like if the screen functions but I can't see anything

it can probably be your lcd connector its probably not connected

or not attached i had this same similar problem

Thanks, this was a life saver!

I though my battery was dead when I took my phone out of my purse, but then I could hear a text message come in, and when I switched the phone on and off of vibrate mode, I could feel that working. Then I started getting calls and could not answer them except in my car where my phone connects to the blue tooth-craziness!

This worked perfectly and in less than two minutes I was back in business.

My phone wents black and i just got a new lcd 2 months ago off of ebay idk if i should get a new one and i tried everything please send help

Same thing just happened to mine- I have to put my phone in direct sunlight to be able to see anything, and even then it’s hard to see what I’m doing.

Same thing happens with my I phone 6…can u suggest me now what I do…can I replace may screen or there is any way to solve this problem

I’m having same problem with my 7 plus

same thing have to me

Worked for me to use flashlight on another phone and place directly on the black screen. It allowed me to barely see enough to slide the power off and when it restarted, the screen came on normal. iPhone 7!

debrutz will be eternally grateful.