A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Why wont my ps4 start up

hi i have a ps4 it was working perfect then i got cranky and pulled the power cord out (not angry at ps4) and a usb charge cable for controller after a while of cooling down i pluged back in and the message comes up cannot start the ps4 connect the dualshock 4 using the usb cable and then press the ps button = done next message says connect a usb storage device that contains an update file for reinstallation for version 4.50 or later. you can download the update file for reinstallation from playstation.com. done that pressed ok and please wait then says the update file cannot be used?? (CE-34788-0) press cancel and turns off

thanks guys i found it caused a hard drive error!!!!! What do i do now!!!! i was freaking out so i found how to put it into safe mode and used option 6 which was a reformat im guessing???? anyway i got onto the latest update on plastation.com and saved it to a fresh usb that i formatted for FAT32 on my computer by right clicking and selecting format fat32 from the drop down then copy the newest update to the usb and inserted usb into the ps4 then selected option 6 in safe mode it done its thing and restarted yes i lost everything and had to wait 36 hours for everything to redownload (games and apps) but lucky everything save to the cloud and went to library and selected purchased games and apps waaaalllla i have my ps4 back thanks again guys hope this helps someone in the future and DONT turn your ps4 off or unplug before shutting down properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can some one help me i got the same problem please help

Most Helpful Answer

The first thing to do is check to be sure your hard drive is aligned and installed properly. It may have come loose. If it's not loose then it could just be faulty. This is the most common cause of that type of problem but it's possible it's something else causing it.

Hope this helps.

Cockroaches...

@George A. I've never seen cockroaches cause this type of problem...thankfully!

I'm @pccheese!

I was kidding, because of that answer you gave from the power supply not working question. Ewww!

Sounds like you corrupted the hard drive and will now need a fresh install of the newest Playstation OS.

I have reinstalled everything and still no luck, could my hdd be done? I dropped something on the PS4 the game froze so I turned off the system. Then it could not access the system storage... any help?

james flint will be eternally grateful.