A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Why wont my ps4 start up

hi i have a ps4 it was working perfect then i got cranky and pulled the power cord out (not angry at ps4) and a usb charge cable for controller after a while of cooling down i pluged back in and the message comes up cannot start the ps4 connect the dualshock 4 using the usb cable and then press the ps button = done next message says connect a usb storage device that contains an update file for reinstallation for version 4.50 or later. you can download the update file for reinstallation from playstation.com. done that pressed ok and please wait then says the update file cannot be used?? (CE-34788-0) press cancel and turns off

thanks guys i found it caused a hard drive error!!!!! What do i do now!!!! i was freaking out so i found how to put it into safe mode and used option 6 which was a reformat im guessing???? anyway i got onto the latest update on plastation.com and saved it to a fresh usb that i formatted for FAT32 on my computer by right clicking and selecting format fat32 from the drop down then copy the newest update to the usb and inserted usb into the ps4 then selected option 6 in safe mode it done its thing and restarted yes i lost everything and had to wait 36 hours for everything to redownload (games and apps) but lucky everything save to the cloud and went to library and selected purchased games and apps waaaalllla i have my ps4 back thanks again guys hope this helps someone in the future and DONT turn your ps4 off or unplug before shutting down properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can some one help me i got the same problem please help

Most Helpful Answer

The first thing to do is check to be sure your hard drive is aligned and installed properly. It may have come loose. If it's not loose then it could just be faulty. This is the most common cause of that type of problem but it's possible it's something else causing it.

Hope this helps.

Cockroaches...

@George A. I've never seen cockroaches cause this type of problem...thankfully!

I'm @pccheese!

I was kidding, because of that answer you gave from the power supply not working question. Ewww!

I got this very problem too but after trying everything I read online without success, I tried this and it worked. But with this method, you'll lose all your games unless you have it saved to cloud. The easiest way is to buy a new hard drive and change it with that which you have on your Ps4. If not, simply follow the steps below.

First, depending on what Ps4 console you have, try taking out the hard drive from the Ps4. Once done, get an external hard drive reader and connect your hard drive to it.

Secondly, connect your hard drive with a USB cable to your computer and try locating it while using the repair disc and deleting all sectors until you're left with one sector.

Thirdly, format the hard drive. Once completed, reconnect the hard drive to your Ps4.

Fourthly, download the installation file from the PlayStation website. It should be over 900MB. Make sure to follow all steps on the PlayStation website and save it to a USB flash drive.

Lastly, connect the USB flash drive to the Ps4, press and hold the power button until you hear a second beep and connect to Safe Mode. Select option 7 and let it install after which your Ps4 is ready and running once again. I hope it helps someone. Please if it does, kindly visit this page and help me with the little you can.

https://www.gofundme.com/wisdoms-master-...

Thanks guys. All the best.

Sounds like you corrupted the hard drive and will now need a fresh install of the newest Playstation OS.

I have reinstalled everything and still no luck, could my hdd be done? I dropped something on the PS4 the game froze so I turned off the system. Then it could not access the system storage... any help?

I fix this problem but my games still have a problem and every game back to 1.00 version

And reinstalled 18GB ,24GB 17GB

But I think my PS4 do that again and I'm scare beCuz our internet connection is so slow and

Take 10+ hours to update only one game

And electricity is not good!!!!

james flint will be eternally grateful.