The Microsoft Band 2 is a smartwatch, released in 2015 that syncs to your phone in order to track exercise and activities.

Buttons on the side do not work, Battery wont charge.

As it says. I had by band for about three months. Then at one point. It just went off, buttons unresponsive. I powered it on, Pressing any of the buttons did nothing and the battery wont charge at all. Any ideas?

Hi. If your band is only 3 month it should be on warranty so you could write to Microsoft and they would give you a replacement. But I suggest you to ask for a refund. I had the same issue 3 times in a year. Everytime they sent me a replacement but the device keep failing. Now the warranty run out and the devices is broken again. I contacted them and they couldn't give me a soulution

Had the same problem with my Band 2 today.

Everytime I plugged it in, it started for a few seconds and I could use the touchscreen (not the buttons, though, as in your case). So I navigated to the cogwheel symbol then to the power down function and there I chose to factory reset it.

Now at least it says that it's loading while being plugged in (the white loading symbol shows on the black screen). I hope that fixed it. You might give it a try if you have the option to use the screen for a few seconds, like I could.

EDIT: Didn't fix it. It says that it's loading now - but it isn't. :|

my Problem:

batterie forgotten to load and was empty, only display worked

my workaround:

- load Band2 for min. 24 hours

- reset Band2 to factory settings over display

- unconnect from Microsoft Band software -> phone

- deinstall Microsoft Band software

- 2nd reset Band 2 to factory settings and load for min 24 hours

After this I can use it as a new device and my Band works now for more than 2 month

Joseph Case will be eternally grateful.