The Kenmore 90 Series is a washing machine manufactured by Kenmore.

Why is my washer not going into the spin cycle and draining

Why is my washer not spinning & draining

The common issue to these two issues is:

The lid switch assembly prevents the washer from spinning when the lid is open. If the lid switch assembly fails, the washer will not drain. To determine if the lid switch assembly is defective, use a multimeter to test each of the lid switches for continuity. If a lid switch does not have continuity, replace it.

\Here's how to bypass it until your new part comes in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8rrZIxA...

mine is a front loader and had that problem before, but all washers have a pump to drain water before spin will start. Washer Drain Pump www.searspartsdirect.com

When it happened to me it ended up being a drill bit got stuck in the pump jamming pump fixed with no parts required. my Model #417.43042200 KENMORE Residential Washers on a sticker in the door.

Do you really think the is a common problem?

"Washer: Won't drain

After the wash cycle ends and before the spin cycle starts, the water should drain from the washer. If water remains, first check for a kink or clog in the drain hose, a backup in the house drain system or in a drain hose lower than the water level in the drain tub. If the drain path is clear, the drain pump might have failed or the water-level pressure switch might not sense how much water is in the washer. In a top-load washer, a failed lid switch can keep the washer from advancing to the Drain & Spin cycle. One of the repairs below could solve the problem." I copied from http://www.searspartsdirect.com/washer-r...

number 1 problem number, 2 door switch, 3 is water leval detector.

SUZANN BELGIO will be eternally grateful.