Repair guides and support for your LG TV.

LG 47LB5900-UV TV display is flashing / flickering on and off

I have a LG TV 47LB5900-UV, which is about 1.5 years old and the screen suddenly started flickering on an off. I was watching TV on it and suddenly the display just went off, the flashed on then back off. At this point the display is primarily off, but flashes on for half a second, then back off. This is happening with the initial screen, on screen menu, and with any input. I opened the back and reseated the internal cables between the 3 boards, but the issue remains. The connectors on each cable are somewhat recessed, so I am not sure of a good way to clean them.

The TV doesn't seem to be completely powering on and off, just the screen is flashing on/off. Whatever is would normally be displayed is just flashing on briefly until I turn the TV off.

Please advise how to test and further isolate to which component should be replaced.

Tcon? Power board? Main board? Cable?

I have the same exact problem. Replaced TCON but still the problem remains. Any updates from you? May just call the service tech

It sounds like a back light or power supply/ LED driver board problem. Look for bulging capacitors on the power supply board. If they all look ok, check connections on the back of the power supply board and the LED driver board if it is not part of the power supply board. Some models combine the two on one board.

post some images of your boards with your question. that way we can see what you see. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that

The backlight inverter board might be broken. check where the backlight plugs in and try replacing that.

Didn't find any bulging capacitors . I will check the back of the power supply board later today. Also will take better pics. Thanks for the advice so far

Any updates... Im having same problem with the same tv model.? No idea with the problem

Replace all led strips...had same problem...R & R'd all boards ( psb, t-com, and vid board).....same problem. End result...Bad led strip, since they age at similar rate, replace ALL! delicate job....Or part the fu*ked up LG piece of S#it TV out and buy anything but LG....Mine failed 1 month past the warranty....evidently a common LG TV problem (after reviewing LG flicker problem)!!

timnance will be eternally grateful.