Repair and support for the third generation of the Flip portable speaker by JBL.

I dropped my JBL Flip 3 on the ground and now it doesn't work. Help!

So yes, it did happen. My JBL Flip 3 fell on the ground (solid ground, cobbles) and now I can't turn it on. However it does show some sign of functioning. For instance, if I want to charge it (not that the battery is the problem, it's almost fully charged) those battery lights do light up but if I press the power button nothing happens. So my question is, what do I do? Is JBL Flip 3 repairable like... can it be disjoint and fixed or is it a one-piece that is now over with? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

Huge thanks, L Pfaff. I won't fix the speaker by myself for I am not really one to do well with electronics. I managed to find a service that will get the job done but thank you very much nonetheless. I appreciate your time and attention very much :) Enjoy your day/evening! Cheers!

Most Helpful Answer

Wow, a broker Flip 3 is a bummer as it is a pretty cool take-along with great sound. My wife dropped hers today and a component came loose inside and was rattling around. All indications showed it should work but the Bluetooth function wouldn't couple. I took it apart using the awesome "battery replacement" instructions to help me to disassemble it. When I opened it, I found an electronic component (a choke, I believe) had come unsoldered from the force of the impact due to inadequate solder from the factory. The component was labeled "1R5" (see component in picture of step 5 for the battery replacement). I carefully soldered the component back on the circuit board using a Weller 35 watt soldering iron set-up with a small blade tip, and voila! , it works again and sounds as good as it ever did. Piece of cake!

Mine fell off a second-floor fire escape.

It powers on and connects, just no sound.

I'm subscribed now, so I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks.

thanks scott Z - diagnosed the same problem - know of any links detailing how to solder the 1R5 back on the circuit board?

ruslandpetrov , JBL Flip 3 may be repairable. You will have to disassemble the speaker and check the connections/wires and board for loose/damaged components and test if able to. Find below a couple links that may help 1st link is trouble shooting guide and 2nd link shows how to disassemble. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

JBL Flip 3 Troubleshooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7RvDwh...

ruslandpetrov will be eternally grateful.