Repair and support for the third generation of the Flip portable speaker by JBL.

I dropped my JBL Flip 3 on the ground and now it doesn't work. Help!

So yes, it did happen. My JBL Flip 3 fell on the ground (solid ground, cobbles) and now I can't turn it on. However it does show some sign of functioning. For instance, if I want to charge it (not that the battery is the problem, it's almost fully charged) those battery lights do light up but if I press the power button nothing happens. So my question is, what do I do? Is JBL Flip 3 repairable like... can it be disjoint and fixed or is it a one-piece that is now over with? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

Huge thanks, L Pfaff. I won't fix the speaker by myself for I am not really one to do well with electronics. I managed to find a service that will get the job done but thank you very much nonetheless. I appreciate your time and attention very much :) Enjoy your day/evening! Cheers!

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

Wow, a broker Flip 3 is a bummer as it is a pretty cool take-along with great sound. My wife dropped hers today and a component came loose inside and was rattling around. All indications showed it should work but the Bluetooth function wouldn't couple. I took it apart using the awesome "battery replacement" instructions to help me to disassemble it. When I opened it, I found an electronic component (a choke, I believe) had come unsoldered from the force of the impact due to inadequate solder from the factory. The component was labeled "1R5" (see component in picture of step 5 for the battery replacement). I carefully soldered the component back on the circuit board using a Weller 35 watt soldering iron set-up with a small blade tip, and voila! , it works again and sounds as good as it ever did. Piece of cake!

Mine fell off a second-floor fire escape.

It powers on and connects, just no sound.

I'm subscribed now, so I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks.

thanks scott Z - diagnosed the same problem - know of any links detailing how to solder the 1R5 back on the circuit board?

ruslandpetrov , JBL Flip 3 may be repairable. You will have to disassemble the speaker and check the connections/wires and board for loose/damaged components and test if able to. Find below a couple links that may help 1st link is trouble shooting guide and 2nd link shows how to disassemble. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

JBL Flip 3 Troubleshooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7RvDwh...

So i was robbed the other day of about 1000 dollars worth of camera gear the speaker fell out my bag and i got it back but while listening its occasionally skipping some of the audio or making this weird like pop and then the audio gets muffled than it goes normal again any one know how to fix it? or if its broken at all?

ruslandpetrov will be eternally grateful.