Available - May, 2014. Display - 540 x 960 pixels, 4.8 inches, 16M. Chipset - Qualcomm MSM8926/MSM8226 Snapdragon 400. Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.4.4 (KitKat).

Xperia M2 Does not charge the battery

My Sony Xperia M2 suddenly stopped charging and won't turn on. I have cable and charger that I know 100% works, the phone won't charge the battery, nor turn on. When I disassembled the phone, disconnected the battery and plugged the phone in it turned on complaining that there is no battery and then it shut itself down.(repeating until unplugged)

The battery voltage is 3.35V which seems a bit low.

Could someone please tell me how can I determine what is faulty?

@d3add3d ,Samuel, Battery should read 3.7V+ when charged. Look in the charge port and blow/pick out(carefully) any dust/debri that may be causing an issue also look in the port for any bent pins and straighten very carefully with a tooth pick. If charge port seems loose or damaged it will need repaired/replaced. If all looks good replace the battery as faulty. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Thank you, I will check both the charging port and the battery :)

@d3add3d , thanks for replying back, good luck with your Sony Xperia M2.

Samuel Fichna will be eternally grateful.