My phone plays sound outside my headphones when they are plugged in

When I plug my headphones in I can still hear the sound come out through the headphones but it also comes out through the top of the phone somewhere. Not the ordinary speakers at the bottom but it seems like it's coming out of the black thing under the front facing camera above the screen. This happens when I'm listening to anything like music, YouTube, and Netflix. I try to unplug and replug the headphones to see if it will be any different but the sound still comes out of the top just softer. Can anyone help?

Sounds consistent with what I refer to as a lint bug. your headphone jack may not be going in all the way try cleaning out the tip of the headphone jack with a fine tipped tweezers pull out as much lint as possible if there is any and then blow it out with compressed can air or a air compressor. Dirt/Lint Tends to get into the holes over time.

Let me know if your issue persists.

Stephen T

Apple and Samsung Repair Specialist for over 5 Years

Olivia Moschella will be eternally grateful.