High performance tablet computer released by Apple on November 11, 2015. Model A1584.

Is it possible to put a 12MP Camera in the 12" iPad Pro?

I was wondering if you were able to open the iPad up and use the 12MP camera in the 12" iPad? I mean theres only a few differences between the 9" and the 12" iPad Pro's and the camera is a major one so I was wondering if I were to buy a 9" replacement 12MP camera and install it in the 12" iPad Pro, would it work? Could I then record 4K, etc?

Thanks guys. I guess I'm stuck with the iPad Pro with a crappy camera. I mean I don't really take a lot of pics with the iPad anyhow. It's good enough to scan docs with. I just thought it would be cool.

It probably isn't a good idea to swap hardware from device to device. The current draw/supply voltage may be different, or the iPad may not be able to understand the information that the camera encodes and sends over the PCB

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

I think its too risky to even try. Opening up the iPads is not easy! Besides, the rummer-mill is ripe with hints Apple will be dropping a refresh of the Pro series soon. I would hold off until then.

Unfortunately, the connectors are different. Also, the iOS is specifically calibrated specifically included camera. If you were able to get a camera from a model to register, I don't think the camera would work properly.

I want to know if this is possible too .?

My 12’9 cellular 256gb screen it cracked so whilst I’m operating on it I may aswell replace the crappy camera it has with the new pro camera although I’ve noticed the new Pro cam has flash and mine has no flash it’s stupid to call this iPad Pro 12”9 1st gen a “Pro” with such rubbish camera capabilities video is total rubbish too

Jeff Dodge will be eternally grateful.