Turn camera off and on error!

Everytime I turn my camera on it says turn camera off and on. I did it so many times I called them and they sid its cause of the batteries and memory card , I replaced both more than six times.What do I do?HELPPPPPPP!!!

Remove Lens Cap before pushing power on button. If you don't have a lens cap but still get this message your lens may be stuck. Gently rap your camera on the table twice to see if it frees up the lens.

Most of these point and shoot cameras the lens has to extend when turned on. If the lens cap is in place or lens slightly out of alignment due to a drop or bump the camera will sense it is jammed and not try to force it. Hope this works.

Mr bill brown THANk YOU. What seemed so easy after I read your answer wasn't so prior to. Yes!!! my camera is back in action. I've never used it, I got it for Christmas 2016 and each time I would turn it on I get the message " turn camera off and back on again" after doing that a million & one times, no change. But thank you for solving my problem. Praying Gods best to you and yours always.

Most Helpful Answer

Juss CallMeBaay , From the manual. Make sure that the lens cap has been removed, then turn the camera on again. If the error persists even after the camera is turned off and then on again, contact retailer or Nikon- authorized service representative. If under warranty return for repair/replacement/refund.

Ensure you have good fully charged batteries in camera. I believe your lens may be sticking, tap it on hard surface a couple times while powering on, if it works clean the lens barrel of any dust/lint/etc. with a clean dust free cloth. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Juss CallMeBaay will be eternally grateful.