How important is the ambient light sensor filter?

Heeey everyone :)

After looking around the net I haven't found an answer to my question, so here goes..

How important is the ambient light sensor filter (white square filter) and what are its functions?

Some people told me it's a optical filter and not necessary, while someone else told me it's a light diffuser.

On white screens it's a dot instead of a square.

The front camera flex should have a rubber gasket that sits on the pink ambient light sensor and has a small hole on it.

The sticker I think it's to make a good seal on the screen and the glass so that the sensor does not have like infrared or something bouncing somewhere else behind the screen.

white screens should still be the same, its a white square on a white screen so im sure its just blending in, i dont see why it shouldn't and An ambient light sensor is a sensor that detects light to adjust the brightness of the screen. So not sure if its important, but you could remove it and see if it still works.

Hope this helps!

What does that sticker do? What function does it have?

An ambient light sensor is a sensor that detects light to adjust the brightness of the screen

Yes I know that lol, but what does the sticker do?

The sensor itself is on the flex cable, together with the proximity sensor and front camera.

The sticker? I think its just used to protect the sensor from being damaged and possibly used to diffuse light. Those seem like the most logical reasons its there.

Didier Daniel will be eternally grateful.