Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Power brick orange until I plug in the console

When I plug the power brick without the console an orange light is on, in the moment I plug it in the console it shuts down. I tried using the power brick with another console and it worked fine, and the other power brick did the same on my console. Any clue of what could be the problem?. I was wondering if the console has any fuse in it or some internal voltage regulator or similar, or maybe the processor or the motherboard are broken.

The power adapter has a built-in shut off switch that disables all power when a surge, overload, or short is detected. Since you have already tried a separate power adapter (one that was confirmed working), and it does the same thing you most likely have a problem with the internal hardware of the console.

Have you tried unplugging the console for more than 30 minutes so it completely loses any voltage and (more or less) resets? This may solve your no power problem.

You can also check this out. It has helped me before in the past.

https://gamersrepair.com/index.php/troub...

Looking at the if in the webpage you passed me it appears that the problem is in the motherboard. Thanks a lot for the hep!!

Javier Baizan will be eternally grateful.