Repair and disassembly guides for Kenmore Microwaves.

I replaced the turntable motor but the plate still doesnt turn

turntable won`t turn I have already replaced the drive motor what next

Is it a belt drive or tire drive? Does shaft on the new motor spin? Make and model number might be helpful too.

Oh sorry I see it is a microwave now and not a conventional turn table.

Hi @fellow ,

Take the plate off the roller ring and remove the plate from the oven. Then turn on the microwave (in the normal manner) to see if the motor spindle is turning. A couple of seconds is enough to verify that the motor is turning. It shouldn't be a problem if you only turn the oven on for a few seconds on a very low setting

Be safety aware :

Obviously you have to peer through the viewing window to see this as microwave ovens are dangerous. Do not bypass the door safety interlocks and leave the door open to get a better view.

If it does turn, check all the rollers on the roller ring (or star) for flat spots.

If there are flat spots the plate will not rotate as the motor is not powerful enough to overcome them.

Unfortunately you cannot replace individual rollers, you will have to purchase a complete new roller ring (or star).

If you search online for Kenmore (insert model number) spare parts or roller ring, you will get results for suppliers of parts for your microwave.

gary will be eternally grateful.