Parts & Tools

Released April 2013, model numbers GT-N5100 (3G & Wifi), GT-N5110 (Wifi), and GT-N5120 (3G, 4G/LTE & Wifi)

Why won't my tablet read my SD card

My samsung tablet is not reading the SD card. Music and photo apps freeze up and do not display what is on the SD card. Is there is a fix for this. I have already tried two different SD cards.

Did you format the card in the tablet prior to using?

Manta Driver Kit

112 bits for every fix.

Upgrade Your Toolbox

Manta Driver Kit

Upgrade Your Toolbox

Most Helpful Answer

Is the SD card recognized on a computer and is it formatted with FAT32? Make sure it is formatted and if you are absolutely sure it is go inot storage settings in settings and see if the SD card is recognized there. if it is, just click format sd card and then it should work fine. If not check the pins inside the sd card slot and see if they are all straight and aligned. If not then it would require soldering and a new sd card reader to fix it. If they are then i honestly have no clue what it would be. maybe @oldturkey03 or @mayer knows?

Sorry dear ... I posted how to fix your tablet but? Because I included a link as to where to find the part you need? They marked my reply as spam. Apparently this site is run by morons. Long & short of it? NO you do NOT need to solder anything!

Do a search on youtube (again, sorry, I am not allowed to include the link) ... there are several videos on how to do this. And your sd card reader is paired with the vibration moter. You can order one off of ebay. Just look for a company with a high rating. Again? Sorry but? This site does not allow me to provide a link to help you. ...

Whsts the sense of having a help forum if you cannot provide people with the tools they need yo be helped? Aye "ifixit"?! .... unreal

Your SD Card Reader is bad on your logic board the only fix is to solder a new one on and that is near impossible as its done by machinery in the factory.

Stephen T.

Score -1

It may be something a lot easier to fix, like a software issue or a formatting issue.

Gayle Caya will be eternally grateful.