iPhone 6 died at 100%, while charging and wont turn back on!

Hey I'm new to the ifixit forum and I need all of the help I could get.

My iPhone 6 died while it was getting charged by my Imac. It was at a 100% percent and it just suddenly died. It wasn't hot or anything I was just browsing social media.

And yes I tried DFU/recovery mode. The phone isn't frozen it's completely off, I also tried charging it more and trying to start it but nothing is working. Why would it die at 100%? Over charging?

David

The only thing I could think of is battery went faulty. Now for this to happen is extremely rare in this case.

I dropped the phone 3 days before this happened do you think the battery wire would get disconnected? By the way can you boot up and iPhone 6 without a battery? If you can then I definitely have a bigger problem. If you can't it's probably faulty battery/ disconnected ? The phone was charging normally before this happened so it's not the U2 chip.

No battery connectors on phones never get loose if they haven't been opened before. There's a metal cover on top of the battery connector to endure this doesn't happen. A good start is to try another battery.

Did you try pressing the home button and lock button at the same time for about 20 seconds? It worked for me

Yes, pressing on/off button and home button together got me the apple logo on the black screen and the phone was back to normal. Vaishnavi Venkat thank you so much. I was almost going to visit a iPhone shop for replacing my battery.

David Ibrahim will be eternally grateful.