Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

Why does my Panasonic LCD TV turn itself off after 2 seconds

My Panasonic Viera tv keeps switching itself off after a couple of seconds.

The model type is TX-58AX802B. I have tried unplugging it and holding the on button as suggested on other answers but with no success. Can anyone help?

@bone1 whenb you say turn off do you mean it shuts off like a no power situation? Besides the reset with the power button, what have you checked?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

@bone1 it does sounds like a power board issue. You do want to remove the back of your TV set and take a look at the board. Check for leaking and/or domed looking caps or anything unusual. Post some images of your boards with your question. Use this guide for that. It will allow us to see what you see.

Before anything else, please double check the warranty status on this set. It is really not that old and may still be covered.

If it is this, can it be fixed or do you need a new board? I have the same issue

@noideawithtech either repaired or replaced. It will depend on what exactly has failed. If you let us know the exact make and model of your TV and what the issues are with it, we may have a better answer for you.

Panasonic LCD TV model TC L-3 2 x 2

Lakus Brown that is good, but what does that mean? TC-L32X2?

I had the same problem and fixed it. In my case my older TV had dust stuck in the fans. I disconnected the TV, took it down from the wall, placed it face down. Instead of unscrewing the many many screws (some of which were stripped), I took a hair dryer and blew air on the top vents with the fans below. Dust and dirt blew out. I did this for 3 minutes/fan until no more dust came out. The replaced the TV on the wall, reattached cables and voila it works and does not shut itself off

Richard

Andrew will be eternally grateful.