Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

2970 Questions View all

Not charging, checked on battery connector and its 1.5V.

My i phone 4s had a water damage recent(water contact for hardly 10 seconds and not submerged into water). when the water damage occurred my battery charge was very less (5%). After the damage i removed the battery from the logic board and kept it for drying for 2 days. On the third day i connected back my battery after making sure there is no water particles left on the board. When i tried to charge the phone it is not getting charged, again i removed the battery from the logic board and checked the voltage available on the logic board pins (USB charger connected) and it was 1.5 V.(between BAT_VCC & GND)

What is the normal voltage across the pin and what will the fault that prevents my phone from charging??

Please help @oldturkey03 and anyone out there.

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment




Spread the Fixmas cheer.


Spread the Fixmas cheer.

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

When a device is liquid damaged, it is important to replace the battery. All it takes is one drop of water to short circuit and damage it. It will then be dangerous to you and the phone. iPhone batteries run around $20 here on Ifixit. Hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


Thanks for answering my query . But my problem is the phone is not getting charged and when i checked on the pins on the logic board while connecting the charger its showing 1.4V . what is the normal voltage available on those pins???

What can be the cause of the voltage drop ??


Add a comment

Add your answer

Mathew will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 4

All Time: 54