Rechargeable indoor/outdoor Bluetooth speaker. Capable of using USB, AUX and SD card for music input. Product released in 2014.

broken charge port can't charge speaker

can't charge speaker charge port broken is there another way to charge unit

how to repair the charging pin?

Where can I buy a complete mother board for a Shox ghetto boss model KTS_856 . Please?

Hi @nhw ,

It may be easier to find a motherboard if you search online using the motherboard's "board" number only, which should be printed on the motherboard, as nothing is showing up when searching for parts for the speaker

My charging port on my waterproof speaker got loose and popped into the speaker. The waterproof part is important bc it makes it almost impossible to open up the speaker. And if I tried to open it to get the port re-seated, I would probably have to sacrifice the waterproof qualities of the speaker. Any advice?

The charge port will have to be replaced.

Here is a link to the ifixit guide on how to repair the auxiliary port in the speaker. It is handy because it details how to access the board on which the charge port is also located.

Here is an image, taken from the repair guide showing the port (highlighted in green)

(click on image to enlarge for better viewing)

As the charge port appears to be a SMD (surface mounted device) type mini USB connector you will need to have the expertise and tools necessary to unsolder the old port and solder on the new one. This procedure is not for a novice repairer, as it is twice as difficult in this instance as you are dealing with a double sided board and there is a standard SMD type USB port mounted directly underneath it. If you apply too much heat to remove the charge port you may end up accidentally removing the USB port attached below it as well.

I recommend that you contact a reputable, professional mobile phone repair or electronics repair service and ask for a quote to repair the port. That way even though it may cost you, they will be responsible for the repair and any damage (hopefully not if they are professional) that may occur.

Do not try to bypass the port and charge the battery directly as there most probably is battery management circuitry in the speaker to protect the battery (and the user) whilst it is being charged.

Hopefully this is of some help.

How do I fix my axcess speaker? The charger port has fell in the inside of the speaker. I canno charge my speaker. Are there other ways to charge this speaker?

My divoom onbeat 200 speaker shows a red light when I plug the charger in and a couple of seconds later the light goes of is it meant to do this?

al drumgo will be eternally grateful.