The touch screen on the Evoko room manager has the cursor stuck

this is an Evoko room manager 8 inch meeting room booking screen. when i exit the evoko software it is simply windows XP underneath. the cursor is stuck in one spot. when i try to touch somewhere else on the screen the cursor drags a box, instead of moving to the place or object. i have reset, factory reset and re calibrated the screen. my question is actually, had anyone torn one of these down yet? is this perhaps a digitizer issue?

Hi Sean,

Was it fixed after factory rest? I'm facing the same here with my 6 evoko screens and not sure how to fix it up :(

can you please let me know

Thanks,

I've had a couple that are 'fixed' after a factory reset (only for issue to come back after a day or so on some) others are not as willing to get 'fixed' but seems like it takes a couple times to get them working again. I have one that I've factory reset at least 5 times and it isn't working... I was told we (company I work for) are moving away from these for the new Evoko models and that these are no longer under warranty but based on answer below they were able to get them replaced.

Most Helpful Answer

The Evoko Room Manager (ERM1001) has been on the market since 2010 helping companies all over the world taking the hassle out of meeting room booking. Evoko has become known for innovative, user friendly and well designed products with high quality. As few as 0.2-0.3% of our Room Managers have had hardware issues during the 24 month warranty period and the life expectancy of the units is as long as 5-10 years.

There is however one exception from this, since we received a batch of some defect screen components from our screen supplier. The problem is isolated to this singe batch and it does not affect all units from the batch. The affected units get an issue with the touch screen which typically appears after two years. Because of this issue we have decided to extend the warranty to 48 months for all units from the affected batch showing these symptoms. Repairing of the units will be just as under standard warranty be done without any cost to you.

We truly apologize for any any inconvenience this has caused and promise you that high quality and great service are top priorities for us at Evoko. We will do our very best to make the replacement process as smooth as possible for you and please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further questions.

To start the RMA process please email support@evoko.se

Michael S. Neufer

Evoko Unlimited Global Support Leader''italic text''

Evoko Unlimited

Hästholmsvägen 32, 5th floor

131 30 Nacka, Sweden

Thanks for commenting Michael - I did reach out to support@evoko.se and the only problem is that they want me to send in a defective unit to be repaired at a service depot before they return that unit. I have several defective Evokos and sounds like this process could take quite some time - it would be nicer if we could get replacement devices sent to us and then we return the defective ones so that the meeting rooms can keep Evoko's outside and not be 'down' for several days.

Hello Daniel,

These devices are not getting replaced, we are repairing them.

Kindly work with our support team to arrange the collection.

/Michael

Hello there,

We've had that issue for 9 devices already and all of them were replaced by warranty as nothing we tried was helping.

Do they have a link to RMA the devices or did you have to send them in before getting replacements? Thanks!

Hello Daniel,

As our partner firm where we get all the hardware from is providing us full service, i am not sure what is going on in the background. At first we had to send them to warranty so they can diagnose before sending the replacements, but for the last devices they just went ahead and sent a replacement the moment we notified we had a broken device.

4 out 6 did work fine as it appeared that the user account used within the setup was disabled and they are working fine after uploading the configurations again.

but still with the other 2 ! the mouse courser is hanged in one place and the screens are not responsive to perform the upgrade and check. I have even tried to do a factory reset but the devices are not reading the factory reset files on the USB!

sean will be eternally grateful.