I've got troubles with iTunes in my iPhone 5S [-1 error]

Hi! I probably have iTunes -1 error in my 5S . I found some tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSOiCnIE.... It looks legit. Not sure if I should do this myself or just give it to some workshop (don't have applecare ;(). What do you think? Is it repairable? Maybe you also made such a repair, share your experience. Thanks in advance!

Hi Cameron. While I agree that the video seems legit, I would not encourage you to reflow IC's on an iPhone logic board. The component density is vey high, the pcb is very thin and multi-layered and the components are very tiny. Applying heat without knowing what you are doing is a recipe for disaster. You could easily blow SMD passives off the board and/or cause solder ball explosions or shorts on the underfill-secured IC's (such as the Baseband IC) or damage to surrounding IC's.

The proper way to do this is to reball or replace defective components by applying the proper amount of heat with proper tools and experience. In the case of the Baseband IC, it cannot be replaced and must be reballed as it is paired to the board.

There are shops that do this kind of work but Baseband errors are difficult even in the best of circumstances.

Most Helpful Answer

That video looks legit and if your phone isnt working, you cant really make it much worse. Id give it a shot but if you really dont wanna risk it, i guess take it to a shop but that will cost money and they might not even know how to do it.

You're right that I defintely cannot make it much worse ;)

Give it a shot cant hurt

Jerry Spinger will be eternally grateful.