Released on March 3rd, 2017, the Nintendo Switch is a handheld that can be played on the TV or on the go.

Is it normal to see the bronze heat pipe when looking through the vent

When you look into the vent/exhaust port on top of the system you can see the bronze heat pipe thing. I thought this would have been hidden when manufactured. Looks ugly :/

Yes, it does seem like it is normal as heat is transferred from the CPU to the heat pipe and then out the top. The easiest solution is to not look at the vent. If Nintendo didn't have that, they probably would have to add a fan to keep it cool making it loud and bothersome. No one else seems bothered by this so no reason you should be.

Okay thanks. It's not that it's an issue but it hasn't been installed very neatly. The left side is more visible than the right so it's wonky, just looks like mine was poorly made. My system was scratched when I unboxed it as well which makes me think mine wasn't handled to great. Oh well.

It does seem like there was a mistake as i looked at a friends and his looked fine. But its a minor thing, and if its really that much of a thing, contact nintendo.

Since when is ugly a factor? This is Nintendo, not Apple.

Pietro Di Meglio will be eternally grateful.