Touch ID not working

Hi

I have recently replaced the screen on a 6splus and all is well except for the touch ID. It's definitely the original home button and I'm confident I haven't damaged it during the replacement, I have repaired 100's of iPhones now and never had this problem before.

It's working as a home button, it's just the ID function that's not working, I have tried putting another screen on but that didn't solve it. When you go into setting the touch ID tab is disabled and fails when you try to turn it on.

Whenever touch ID has failed in the past a reboot always sorts it out, but not this time. The software is up-to-date so it's not that either.

Help!

Hey the display you fitted did it come with a metal backing plate on the screen? Or did you have to move it across from the old screen?

It had the banking plate, I just moved the heat shield across.

Susan will be eternally grateful.