Released June 2009 / 2.66, 2.8, or 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor

Black screen and fan at maximum speed.

MacBook Pro 15" 2009 Mid

Hello all,

After I was done changing my old hdd to a new ssd, My Macbook couldn't boot up.

Whenever I try to boot up, only fan runs at maximum speed after one automatic reboot and just black screen on display.

(When I tried to change storage, I probably let the battery and power on. I guess smth went wrong because of it)

If someone knows how to fix it, please let me know. Thanks.

Before resetting the SMC

Reset the SMC only after you've tried all other standard troubleshooting. Try each of the following steps in this order before you reset the SMC. Test the issue after completing each troubleshooting step to see if the issue still occurs.

Press Command-Option-Escape to force quit any application that's not responding.

Put your Mac to sleep by choosing Sleep from the Apple menu. Wake the computer after it's gone to sleep.

Restart your Mac by choosing Restart from the Apple menu.

Shut down your Mac by choosing Shut Down from the Apple menu.

If your Mac isn't responding, force the Mac to shut down by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. You'll lose any unsaved work in any open applications.

If you're using a Mac notebook computer that's having issues related to power or the battery:

Unplug the power adapter from your Mac and the electrical outlet for several seconds, then plug it back in.

Shut down your Mac.

Remove and re-insert the battery, if it's removable.

Restart your Mac.

If the issue still isn't resolved, you might need to reset the SMC. See the indicators and steps below.

Reset the SMC on Mac notebook computers

First, determine whether the battery is removable. Mac notebook computers that have a nonremovable battery include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, MacBook (Late 2009), and MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015) and later.

If the battery is nonremovable:

Shut down your Mac.

Unplug the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter from your computer.

Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.

If you have a 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.

Release all keys.

Reconnect the power adapter.

Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.

If the battery is removable:

Shut down your Mac.

Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from your computer.

Remove the battery. (Learn about removing the battery in MacBook and MacBook Pro computers.)

Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.

Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.

Press the power button to turn on your Mac.

Skp will be eternally grateful.