iPhone 5S Headphone jack won't stay connected after replacement

Recently my iPhone 5S stopped charging when a lightning connector was plugged into it. I since have replaced the entire lightning/headphone ribbon cable with a brand new one. Since the swap the iPhone now charges fine but when I connect my headphone cable to the iPhone it will randomly disconnect and only works when it is in certain positions and when I push it in hard all the way and hold it. Even so it still will disconnect after a short period of time being plugged in and responsive. Anyone have this issue before or any ideas on how to resolve it?

It's either a badly mounted headphone jack or the replacement charging dock / charging port assembly is defective.

Tr G will be eternally grateful.