Parts & Tools

Small media streaming device that plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. Originally released by Amazon in November 2014. The latest version comes with a voice-activated remote.

Why aint my volume working on firestick. Does remote have a volume but

My volume works on tv but when I try to watch a movie on my Firestick i don't have volume. Does the remote have a volume button? What could cause this?

I'm experiencing the same issue, Melissa. at 20 on regular TV, my Samsung TV is quite loud. watching a movie now using Amazon firestick, we have the volume at 50 and we can just barely hear it. if I find a real answer, I promise I will share. It's very frustrating!

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Okay, so I just had this issue. Hold down the home button until the settings option comes up. In settings go to “equipment control”. Go to “TV” and “change TV”. On screen prompts will walk you through from here. This was the issue for me. Hope this helps someone.

Nope, none of the selections ar TV or Change TV.

I had the same problem, did all the steps and still nothing. What I did was unplug the TV for about 10 seconds and plugged it back in and BAM that fixed the problem. Not the fire stick but the tv itself. I couldn't even power my TV off, but now everything is back to normal.

how can I put volume in fire stick tv

look around all over the stick to see if it has a volume or it went out or you need to turn the volume up on your phone

we are asking about television volume, not phone volume.

The 4 way navigation key is the volume control also. Press upper side for volume up and down side for volume down.

Get close to the TV and press volume button up or down, it doesn't really matter till you see the volume on the screen again and then you can go more further it will work.

I've tried everything. My volume on my remote still isn't working, nor the mute. Everything else does.

Mine was doing the same thing. See my post below. Hope this helps.

Open settings >> equipment control >> check if it's set to automatic. If it's disable enable it and check if the issue is fixed.

Press the home button, go to settings

Select equipment control, then select tv..

Next turn power off and wait 10 seconds to power back on. Answer the question it will ask (yes)

Then you're all set…….

Gino Latino from Dallas TX.

I am facing the same issue as well on my LG tv as well as TCL TV…. So pretty sure its not an issue with the tv but its with the

Go to settings -> Equipment control -> Manage Equipment -> TV -> Change TV

Follow what Firestick says and done.

Melissa Allen will be eternally grateful.