The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

Keyboard and trackpad are unreponsive?

For some reason my macbook keyboard and trackpad are completely non-responsive. I know for a fact that the keyboard and trackpad are not the problem.

Here are some other things I have tried:

1) External keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine. I can log into OS X and everything functions normally with an external keyboard and mouse.

2) I performed an SMC reset using the built in keyboard. As I said, I know the keyboard is good.

3) I can not reset the PRAM using the built in keyboard. I can reset the PRAM with the external keyboard.

4) I have tried to leave the Macbook working till the battery dies then leave it for one night without charging and afterwards restarting it with power supply plugged in and they worked but afterwards they in s random startup they return unresponsive (I have tried this for two times and worked and I trying my third time now)

Please don't fixate on replacing the keyboard and trackpad.

The keyboard works before the chime (SMC reset) and does not work after the chime (can not reset PRAM). It seems like the logic board is turning off the keyboard when it chimes. Not sure what could cause this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replace the trackpad cable. This commonly goes bad on 2015 13" models, and causes intermittent problems with both the keyboard and trackpad (trackpad needs to be recognised in order for the keyboard to work on this model).

Part is £10 and takes 5 minutes to replace

Thanks a lot I will try this but chow can I prevent this from happening one more time or what is the cause of the problem in the cable

@afalah I believe it is caused by the way the cable is being bent where it is plugged into the trackpad (you will see when opening, it bends back on itself), similar to 13" 2009-2012 hard drive cable issues. They do this since the cable is otherwise too long to fit along the top of the battery nicely.

Not entirely sure though, this issue is very common but not spoken about often, since it causes issues with both the trackpad and keyboard, so people assume it is caused by liquid damage, when it isn't.

Ammar Falah will be eternally grateful.