The Epson WF-2540 is an all-in-one color inkjet printer.

Shows Error code: 0x9A

When i tried to turn on my printer, it shows error code 0x9A. Please help.

Sanskar Patel on the Epson WF series that error code indicates a carriage fault. That can be caused by debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to a bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb. also check the ink cartridge holder and make sure it is properly seated. As you can see it is a broad non-specific error code that will require you to check the aforementioned things first.

Call the Epson 800# for support for this code and was prompted to pay $199 for them to fix it remotely and the tech wanted access to my computer .....never buy an Epson again !!!

I will never buy an Epson printer again!!! Nothing but clogged print heads and error codes!

Were the tech support sites Epson or third party? If it was Epson and

they are charging for a remote fix, that tells me two things;

1. If it was a third-party support site that wanted access to your system,

that should send off signal flares that you are being scammed.

2. If it was Epson Tech support, I would still be concerned. The last

few firmware updates nagged me over using third-party ink cartridges.

It might be that Epson is shutting down printers unless the owner

uses their overpriced ink.

Finally, I live in the High Desert of Southern California. Sand, dust and

my case cat hair (my pet sleeps on the printer,) are everywhere!

Once it cools off, I am going to lug it out to my back porch and fire up my compressor and blow the snot out of it and give it a good inspection once

it cools off this evening. I will post the results.

After a thorough cleaning, my printer is still a brick!

Most Helpful Answer

Sanskar Patel, Try to clean and reset your printer to get rid of the Error code: 0x9A/carriage fault.

Open up the printer check for scraps of paper, lint or foreign objects,staple, etc. Make sure carriage moves manually, or moves on its own when raising lid. If moving freely, continue cleaning with compressed air blowing out inside printer compartment while checking both sides are clear, wipe down the encoder strip with a soft cloth and a few drops of alcohol, it is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Now reset the machine, detach printer from outlet, wait 5 minutes then press and hold power button a minute or two, while still holding power on button plug printer in and continue holding button for another minute after plugged in, release button.

Find below a link trying to solve problem of similar issue. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/8l19o...

There are many causes of this error if we are taking care of this causes then we get rid of Epson Error code 0X9a easily. Like

• Configuration error of framework records in Windows.

• Corrupted files in the framework records.

• The framework records in Windows OS are spoiled due to inappropriate removal of apps and hardware.

@elizaswift careful when you link to one site consistently. It comes across as Spam to some and that is not tolerated on here.

this is a printer error not a pc error, your answer totally misses the point

I am thinking it is the encoder belt - long clear plastic belt about 1/4 inch wide. It sits behind the print head and runs left to right.

If this has jumped out of the guide rail of the print head it will cause head to malfunction with various error messages including that one.

1. I don't have any idea of what to do about a lot of issues.. I try to understand why a very successful company would find the headaches and bad talk were worth selling some ink cartridges and that the aftermath wouldn't scar the company for life. There are hundreds of thousands of people with like problems. This huge company did not make this happen on purpose. Today its too easy to just go somewhere else. My in site Alan

Sanskar Patel will be eternally grateful.