Why does my machine start agitating and then stop after a few strokes?

my machine started with this issue today, or at least i noticed it today. everything on the machine seems to be working fine, except the agitator. it will even agitate without any issue for a minute or two after I unplug and then plug in the machine, then it just stops agitating. there is no noise either, so it seems to be different than what generally causes issues with the agitator. for example, if the motor was spinning but the agitator not, it would make a noise, and the transfer of motion is what would be the issue. my case seems like the motor just stops period, or at least tha'ts how it seems since i cannot hear anything. the machine continues on as if everything is A-ok, will fill, go into wash cycle (but do nothing), rinse, and spin no problem. no blink codes or anything. any ideas?

Cause 1

Agitator Repair Kit

If the washer won't agitate, replacing the agitator repair kit may solve the problem. The kit contains the agitator components that are most likely to wear out and/or fail. If any of the parts are worn out, stripped, or damaged, replace the kit.

Cause 2

Drive Block or Bell

The drive block connects the washer transmission to the agitator. If the drive block is worn out, the transmission shaft will still move back and forth, but the agitator will only move slightly or will not move at all. Inspect the drive block for damage. If the drive block is worn out, stripped, or damaged, replace it.

Cause 3

Motor Coupling

The motor coupling connects the motor to the washer transmission. If the washer is overloaded, the motor coupling will fail in order to protect both the motor and transmission. The motor coupling can also fail due to normal wear. Inspect the motor coupling to determine if it is broken. If the motor coupling is broken, replace it.

In all 3 of these scenarios quoted above, wouldn't I hear the drive motor for the agitator functioning? Because I have already made a repair to the agitator once before, and that was the case. This time, it just stops completely. No motor is even trying to turn the agitator, it just sits there full of water until it goes into rinse phase. Im going to take it apart tomorrow and try and see if anything you mentioned above could be the case. However, could a failing drive motor be the cause?

Kyle will be eternally grateful.