Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Will changing the rear camera fix the digital shutter not opening?

Recently having a problem with the rear camera not opening. debating on buying a new camera, but wanted to seek out some advice first.And I have tried restoring and all that jazz, nothing works. has anyone tried this already? Thanks in advance!

This is a hardware issue on Apple's part source.

I'm pretty sure you can bring it into Apple to get it replaced.

yeah, there is no apple store where i leave. i brought it oversees. apple is bollocks

Most probably it will solve yeah. I've repaired quite some with the issue you describe and replacing the camera solved the issue.

One thing: if the problem is with the front camera it can also be that the shutter won't open at all so in some cases a broken front camera can cause this problem. If you want to be absolutely sure just replace them both.

Joshua will be eternally grateful.